"Enthusiasm, Knowledge, Expertise"
My husband Peter and I would like to express our sincere appreciation for the outstanding service we received from Lynne and Jim Knurr. Lynne and Jim sold our former home in Mukwonago, and helped us to purchase our new home in Cedarburg.
The sale of our former home presented many last minute challenges that would have overwhelmed many realtors and prevented a closing. But Lynne & Jim went "beyond the call of the duty" to make sure our closing occured on time as planned. They met the challenges and kept us informed in such a way as to avoid creating undue stress for us.
These are the 5th and 6th transactions that we have completed with Lynne and Jim in the past 5 years. Their enthusiasm, knowledge, expertise, and utmost professionalisim have resulted in our repeat business with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage.
Susan & Peter
You have a story to tell about us. You've worked with us, and we've helped you buy or sell a home. We need your feedback. Others need your feedback, too! Please take a moment to fill out this form and tell us how we did...
Short Sales >3. How to Prepare for a Short Sale
If a homeowner is facing foreclosure and wishes to explore short selling their home as an alternative, it is crucial to get help from a trusted real estate agent. With the agent’s help, this is how the homeowner will prepare to short sell their home:
- Agreement. The homeowner must get the lender to agree to sell the home at a loss.
- Documentation. If the lender agrees to a short sale, the homeowner will need to provide documentation to the lender indicating that he or she is financially incapable of paying for the loan. It depends on the lender, but the documentation usually required can include:
- A hardship letter explaining why the homeowner is unable to pay the mortgage.
- Recent tax return forms, W2 forms, and/or 1099s.
- Recent paystubs.
- Financial statement detailing list of assets and liabilities.
- Consultation. The last thing a financially stressed homeowner needs is more financial stress. The homeowner should consult with an attorney to find out whether or not difference between what the home is worth and what the home sells for will be taxed.
- Communication. Everyone needs to communicate during this process. The homeowner needs to communicate with the lender to make sure the lender has everything needed to apply for the short sale. The homeowner and the lender need to be in constant contact with potential buyers to make sure they stick around.
In what 2003 comedy does a very large family move to a new house on Forest Avenue in Evenston, Illinois?
"Cheaper by the Dozen", starring Steve Martin, was actually filmed in a house in Los Angeles near the Farmer's Market.
|See More Real Estate Trivia >
© Homes Media Solutions™, a division of Dominion Enterprises and/or its clients.
All rights reserved. All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.